Are you a recent graduate and struggling to find a job?
Or would just like a change in general?
The Cardiff Commitment are looking for two corporate project officer trainees to join the team!
In this Corporate Trainee role you will develop a raft of transferable skills, which will assist you in pursuing a career in a variety of project officer or project management roles. These are roles which are in demand in Cardiff and South Wales and this will put the trainee in a good position for the future when applying for other roles.
In this role you will support our service and will also learn to develop:
- Project officer skills such as the ability to organise project meetings, maintain documents, attend project meetings, take minutes, maintain and update documents, identify project problems or risks, manage the schedule and help us to get feedback to improve future projects via surveys and focus groups with stakeholders e.g. children and young people, schools , businesses etc.
- A logical approach to analysis and problem solving will be acquired and the ability to think ahead and keep calm under pressure.
- Communication skills – as the programme has a range of stakeholders from senior council staff, school senior management and business leaders to young people, parents and carers.
- Opportunities for networking with a variety of internal and external stakeholders across the city will be provided and the trainee will be able to explore and learn how to interact in a variety of settings.
- Creativity and innovation – to take ownership of aspects of the programme which are underdeveloped and gain experience to consult and evaluate the programme.
What We Are Looking For From You?
Our customers depend on us to keep delivering services even in the most challenging of times. We are looking for individuals who are interested in our work, keen to learn in the role and in helping us making a difference to our customers by delivering exceptional public services in Cardiff.
Our Corporate Trainees gain valuable experience working for the largest Council in Wales. Whilst we cannot guarantee that the appointed candidate will go on to secure a further role at the end of this initial contract, they will be supported and encouraged to take advantage of the many opportunities available within our organisation, in order to progress their career.
If you have any further questions about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you think this role is something for you, please submit your application through Cardiff Council’s job website: CORPORATE TRAINEE (PROJECT OFFICER) (jobscardiffcouncil.co.uk)